Finding beta readers and critique partners is challenging for writers of fantasy, Science fiction, and speculative fiction. Beta readers need to understand the genres, world building, magic systems, and how science in fiction works.
My beta reading services are more than a typical beta read. I provide written feedback from a perspective of a writer in the genre. Ideal for manuscripts at any stage needing fantasy or speculative genre feedback. I will read all speculative sub-genres, and for any length: novel, novella, short story, or poem.
I will provide a free sample evaluation based on the first 1,250 words (about 5 pages).
Beta reading feedback is available in varying lengths and depth:
- Poetry Review (starting at $15 – request a quote based on the number of poems): looks at all aspects of poems, plus reviews the fantastic or speculative elements.
- Straight Beta Read with in-line Comments (starting at $10 per 10,000 words): provides genre reader reactions in comments. Will consider specific areas of concern as directed.
- Beta Read with A Fiction Summary (starting at $12 per 10,000 words): responds to specific questions you want addressed, plus strength/energy of the story, fantastical or speculative elements, dialogue, and characterization.
- Beta Read with A Fiction Report (starting at $14 per 10,000 words): includes everything in a summary plus worldbuilding, Magic or Speculative element consistency, pacing, voice, POV, plot and subplot resolution, and more.
- A Fiction Critique (starting at $17): is an in-depth review similar to those given in writing workshops. This is a close reading of the work delving into not just the mechanics of the piece, but how well it works, what meaning the author has provided, and reviews choices of style.
About the Pricing: Each work is unique and every author’s situation different. I work with each author to provide a custom quote based on word count. Contact email@example.com for your quote.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Disclaimers
Copyright: The author retains all copyrights. Epos makes no claim to copyright of author-submitted works.
Confidentiality: All works submitted to the service by authors is under strict confidence. No part of the manuscript, Summary Reports, or correspondence will be shared with anyone other than the author or their representative.
Disclaimer: First Reads beta reading service is not an editorial service and should not be considered replacement for professional editing. Epos cannot guarantee any work submitted to this service will receive offers of publication. The views and opinions expressed in the Service are those of the individual reviewer and not Epos or eposbooks.com. Epos provides no warranty for the use of the Services and the use of the Services is provided As-Is.